StoneSet will officially celebrate 10 years of project installations this coming November 12th. Over that period we’ve completed thousands of installations across every state in Australia, including dozens of Hospital foot paths.
2008 – Stoneset began
Leading up to the anniversary were taking a detailed look at some of our best jobs of each application (Driveways, Rooftops, Hospitals, Pathways, Schools)
In each case we’ll demonstrate just how StoneSet was well suited to each application. We will also post a “where are they now” photo of how StoneSet has held up over time.
2010 – Mater HOSPital
Mater Hospital Healing Gardens – Looking to create an area of calm for patients and visitors with ease of accessibility and close walking distance of reception, StonesSet was called upon as part of renovations to revitalise the area.
The area was designed with tranquil surrounds with many tropical plants planted within specially designed teardrop planter boxes and a water feature.
Why was StoneSet chosen for Mater Hospital Healing Gardens?
- Easily Cleaned – If you notice how beautiful and clean the area appears, you would be surprised to know its in a highly trafficked area. As StoneSet is fully porous, it can easily be pressure cleaned every morning without pooling causing a slip hazard.
- Bright Colour – Victorian Pearl was specified for the area as the Atrium received limited amount of sunlight. The area was made more open by the uniform colour of the stone giving the area a feeling of greater space.
- Non Slip – StoneSet is a slip resistant surface and can be rated as high as class V
(equivalent to R13) proving a very low risk of slipping and is suitable for public ramps and areas of low mobility traffic such as hospital.
2013 – CAss REsidential Aged Care
This striking installation was completed for the garden at Campsie Aged care complex. Reflecting a high percentage of population with an asian background, this aged care facility featured many eastern / Chinese medicine healing features.
Primarily none more prominent than CASS “Tai Chi Garden” which was a bespoke installation, designed by the architect and executed by StoneSet.
The distinct yin and yang motif was completed using a mix of Tan, Keelan Green (dark yang) and Cream stone (light yin). Residents at the aged care facility can retreat to the garden and do their morning Tai Chi exercises in the peace of the surrounding garden.
2014 – Warrigal aged Care
StoneSet was chosen to create a natural and welcoming pathway. These colours were the perfect blend of earth and contemporary, creating a beautiful entrance to the building.
StoneSet creates a smooth slip resistant surface with no trip hazards making it perfect for aged care facilities such as this project completed for Warrigal Care. 6mm Bronze StoneSet was used to create a fully porous pathway winding through the planter beds.
2014 – St John of God Murdoch Hospital
In 2014, the hospital underwent a massive redevelopment including the exterior foyer and 450 new parking bays. StoneSet was specified as part of the overall renovation to resurface the main entrance way.
- Preserving water, StoneSet was primarily specified to ensure landscaping around the front entrance foyer remained healthy given the significant greenery and arid climate in Perth.
- Ease of Installation – Supping the product directly to our WA suppliers and installers (Landscape Australia), the application was installed over did a fantastic job transforming the entrance to this Hospital.
2015 – hornsby HOSPital
The central garden area of the Hornsby hospital was originally landscaped with pebbles and mulch for the garden. Similar to the Mater Hospital, this central atrium area was open to the weather yet easily accessible for patients and visitors.
Why was StoneSet chosen for the Hornsby Hospital Garden?
- Loose Stone scratches floors – Whilst loose stone is permeable and has a natural appearance, it is no effective for highly trafficked areas especially where people with limited mobility are shuffling their feet.
- Earthen Colour – With limited space, 7mm Tan was chosen to ensure the area was filled with natural colour. Creating a vibrant and welcoming feel to the area, the stones perfectly tied in the natural surrounds with the modern colours of the hospital.
2016 – IVanhoe mother baby unit
Stoneset was again specified for this exterior footpath outside the Hospital at Ivanhoe VIC given the combination of its non-slip rating and the amount of garden surrounds at the front of the Hopsital
- A combination of Arctic Evergreen + 6mm Charcoal Glensanda were used to specifically work in with the colours of the landscaping theme and further the table seating area by using seperate coloured stone.
2016 – MONASH CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
The entrance to Monash children’s hospital was overlaid with ‘Animal Footprints’ as part of their Million Dollar Path campaign to gradually generate donation. The footprints lead into the front reception with a playful theme for children..
The Footprints were designed to be replaced over time with metal plaques dedicated to donors were cast in footprint in concrete. The campaign saw the names of generous donors who have given $5,000 or more towards the children in the hospital.
Why was StoneSet chosen?
- Feature colour – With a range of more than 30 colours, StoneSet was the best choice to match the hospital surrounds. The resin based pebble could also be easily removed over time using a very specific solvent, making it easier for the grounds maintenance team to install plaques.
2018 – sutherland Hospital
StoneSet was specified to resurface some of the car park spaces at the front of the hospital. There was a tree protection zone in place for the redevelopment which specified that the Surface be “relatively permeable to allow water and gas movement, load spreading to avoid localised compaction
2016 – Dutch care Retirement
This beautiful Bronze pathway was chosen to cover 44m2 permeable paving for the footpath. Going over compacted road base compacted road base
StoneSet’s directors Andy and Tori brought this specialist technology from the UK. Having both a Trade and Management background they saw an opportunity for the unique technology to be introduced to the Australian market, given a dry climate and weather of extremes.
StoneSet offere a 10year Guarantee
Best of all, we have a 10-year guarantee and our pavements are built to last 25 years.Looking to fuel your next park project? Contact us. We are members of the Master Builder’s Association and a CarbonNeutral company that is dedicated to customer satisfaction.Read more on how to use StoneSet for Commercial Applications in our free guide: